Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Back in Rome for a third time

Hello faithful readers of Professor M's blog from Rome. I have returned to teach in Rome for a third time. Eleven students, my good friends, Danilo Mori and Mike Cinson and I arrived in Rome on February 21, 2015. The vans transported us safely to the Walsh University campus in Castel Gandolfo just outside of Rome. The campus is just as I remember it.







after unpacking we had lunch. I think the food on campus has improved! I asked Danilo and he said we have indeed changed caterers.

After lunch we went through orientation and then traveled into Castel Gandolfo for mass. The entire mass is in Italian of course, including the sermon. However, it was probably the best sermon I heard in years. I couldn't understand a word yet he held my attention.

Castel Gandolfo has not changed either.



Even visited with Andreas in the Buffalo Café for an Aperol spritz. Everything looks exactly as I left it almost 2 and a half years ago.

More to come. Just trying to get back into the swing of blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment