Thursday, April 15, 2010

week seven tuesday

Hello blog followers. I am sorry but I fell behind in my blogging. Partly because of time constraints, but mostly because I lost my camera so I have no more pictures to share. And really that's why you all came to the blog anyways. Wednesday during the seventh week was a great day. We did a walking tour of Bernini's Rome. We started as usual by taking the train to Rome. We decided to take the bus to the start of the tour and work our way back up hill to Termini train station. While on the bus, a woman vomited on the floor right behind me. Splashing emesis all over the place. There was nothing we could do except exit the bus and wait for the next one. There was no time to return to campus, the tour must go on. We started in Piazza Navona, wandered to the Pantheon and Santa Maria sopre Minerva. Then on to the parliament building to Trevi Fountain. We decided to eat lunch at the McDonald's near Trevi. We haven't been to a McDonald's since we arrived. I could not believe the food tasted exactly like the food in the states. Not sure how they managed that, but it was fun. Then on to the Presidential palace, watch the changing of the guard, and heading down via Quirnale to St. Andreas, the Quatro Fontana, over to piazza Barberini and its fountains. And finally the great finale at Santa Maria Vittorio for the Ecstasy of St. Teresa. Long day but worth every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment