Saturday, February 27, 2010

dayssixandseven





Friday and Saturday were off days for me. It is one of four free weekends. Most of the students went to Barcelona for the weekend. I decided to be a real tourist and wander around Rome with my guide books just by myself. I decided to go into Rome early both days. Most days we do not get into Rome until 11:30 or so. So I got up early and caught the 7:43A train to Rome both days. I had a great time trying out little coffee houses and restaurants. The streets in Rome are very difficult to follow. No real pattern and they don't have perpendicular intersections. So sometimes you wander and end up right back where you started even though you didn't think you were moving in a circle. There is still much to see. There aren't many pictures considering I was walking for two straight days. The door is from a church, loved the skull decoration. The picture of the statue I took because it is San Lorenzo.

No comments:

Post a Comment