Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Monday, November the 19th back on campus and in Rome. I feel so much more comfortable in Rome than Florence. We attended the Museo del Arte Medicine. The Museum of Medical Arts. This was quite a feat. I was unable to arrange a visit the last time I taught in Rome two years ago. The museum is only open from 10-12 MWF. We are always traveling on Fridays. Wednesdays are always a free day for us. And so that left only Monday. I was pleased that we were able to arrange for this group something I could not arrange in the past.

The museum has old medical equipment and teaching tools. The museum has plastic molds that were used in the teaching of medical students. Some of the molds and equipment regarding child birth were very interesting to the students. Although I thought Brandon was going to pass out at one point.

I am sorry but I do not have pictures. You probably don't want to see them anyways. And after the tour, the museum was kind enough to let me use their classroom for my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment