Tuesday, November 6, 2012

On Wednesday October 31st we celebrated Halloween. The students carved pumpkins and trick or treat candy was dispersed to the students. Italians themselves do not celebrate Halloween so there were no little children in the neighborhood with costumes. Also today I went to Rome to visit one of my namesake churches.






I make it a point to try and visit as many churches of San Lorenzo as possible. The picture above is the outside of the Basilica San Lorenzo in Lucina, Rome. This is a very old and quaint church in the middle of a very busy piazza with many cafes with tables outside. Amy and I sat in this very same piazza and took a break from our sightseeing two years ago. so I decided to take a break at the same place. Cannot wait for you to join me, Amy.

1 comment:

  1. Thought that looked familiar. Can't wait! Also so looking forward to an espresso in the oldest bar.

    ReplyDelete