Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sperlonga part II






With my book in hand I start walking the beach looking for a beach chair to rent. The beach is totally deserted. There are no lounge chairs available. None of the hotels or little tiki bars are open till Easter. I did find a park overlooking the beach with benches. So I settled in with the sun and the water and read my book till lunch. Went and found a restaurant. Thank goodness these stay open all year. I had the best mussels appetizer ever. I mentioned to the owner that I walked the beach from one end to the other and I was wondering how many km it was. He asked if I went to the other beach? Other beach?! On the other side of the rocky outcropping there was another beach. It is the beach from the other pictures with the cacti. Really reminded my of the Caribbean islands.
I also got some nice pictures of the other beach in this group of pictures at sunrise on Saturday. I had a wonderful stay in Sperlonga. This is one place I would revisit any time. Although I probably wouldn't like it in the summer because it would be too busy

No comments:

Post a Comment